Sections

venerdì 19 luglio 2013

Avionics bending: Transponder

The transponder I am using here is not from 767 but it was very cheap to get and has all functions needed, including TCAS settings.

The unit manufactured by collins features 2 connectors for 2 separate transponder unit comunication. Here is the pinout: (Thanks to my friend Curd for providing it to me)

So as you can see both functions are the same. So of our interest we have:
 
5VAC for panel backlight.
115VAC and return for unit power
Fail logic input
Air/Gnd discrete
ARINC data channel
 
Here are few shots of the unit powered up. Note when selected transponder 1 you see ---- cause I didn't power the xpdr 1 input.
 


And here is a video of it during power up test
 
 

5 commenti:

  1. Hi Edo.

    How are you connecting the pins on the back of these units? Are you using original plugs or something else?

    Please let me know. Tom.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Yes Tom I am using its original plug

    RispondiElimina
  3. Where did you manage to get the original plugs?

    RispondiElimina
  4. I had them in the shell I bought. I can retriem em for you but they are not cheap to buy. 50-70 range each usually

    RispondiElimina
  5. Thanks Edo but I will try to find a cheaper alternative. I'm sure there is something I can attach to the pins that wont be permanent so I can still disconnect them.

    RispondiElimina